A peek at Fuzebox, a convenient Coding Device
- Apr 25, 2016
Coding has become a part of basic literacy in this modern era. Programming knowledge has considerable significance in various job prospects and higher education. Hence, it's necessary to get yourself acclimatized to programming from a very early age in order to make yourself stand out from the crowd. There are several devices available in the market that allow the beginners to get started with programming. The best thing is that these devices do have pretty nominal price tags that make them suitable for the makers, beginners and people who want to adopt the DIY (Do-It-Yourself) culture. We have already discussed a few devices over here in the form of single board computers (SBCs), Kano etc. Today we'll take a peek at Fuzebox that also serves the same purpose and also have a few number of advanced features to support the professionals.
Fuzebox is deemed the ideal coding gadget suitable for everyone irrespective of any age group. This device can be used in various projects related to robotics and coding and can also be used for programming apps and games. If you are interested in electronics, Fuzebox is the perfect tool to pursue your interests based on the same subject. Fuzebox supports a variety of operating systems that include Windows, iOS, Linux or Android. It can be used from your smart-phone, tablet, laptop, PC, Raspberry Pi etc.
Who can use Fuzebox?
Fuze box can be sued by starters who want to get themselves acclimatized to hands-on STEM education involving robotics and coding. It can also be used by professional because of the wide range of features that it supports. Anyone who is interested in programming or elctronics can use Fuzebox.
Fuzebox contains a variety of sensors that are used by the device to interact with the environment. Some of its main components are listed below:
- Heat and humidity sensor,
- Light sensor,
- Stress (Pressure) sensor,
- Buttons and analog joysticks,
- Tile sensor,
- Gravity and Gyro sensor,
- Proximity sensor,
- Gesture sensor,
- Bluetooth and Wifi,
The Fuzebox prototype
Image courtesy- https://goo.gl/RSH8l7
How to use Fuzebox
The Fuzebox can be connected to any device that supports OS of the likes of Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, or Raspberry Pi using wifi, USB or bluetooth. Let's go through the process in more detail in a step-by-step pattern.
- The language, “Fuzebasic” should be loaded into your phone/tablet, PC, or laptop. The software license will be provided by Fuzebox that should come with the pack itself.
- Connect Fuzebox to your PC or laptop or phone or tablet through bluetooth/wifi/USB.
- You can consult the tutorials to get yourself acclimatized with programming or you can write your very own code on the language. Fuzebasic acts as a bridge between various simple drag and drop based coding languages like SCRATCH and advanced programming languages like Python.
Fuzebasic bridges the gap between SCRATCH-like languages and advanced languages
Note: You do not require an internet connection to code with Fuzebox.
What can be done with a Fuzebox?
A variety of activities can be done through Fuzebox. Let's go through some of them.
- Designing, writing and coding your very own games. The best thing about this is that the same code can run on various other platforms.
- Creating your very own thermometer or something similar to that of a customized weather station.
- Turning Fuzebox into an IR controller for various projects related to robotics.
- Fuzebox can be used to create a GPS for navigation purposes. You can use it to navigate around your playground or neighborhood.
- Fuzebox can be turned into a television remote.
- Fuzebox's proximity sensor can be used to create a proximity (presence) perceiving security system.
- Recording sounds that can be used in your very own games.
- Making a motion sensing camera or something similar to that of a baby monitor system.
- Creating games using the tilt sensors of the Fuzebox. A tilt sensor is a type of sensor that can actually detect the inclination of an object.
- Fuzebox can be used as your game controller.
- Fuzebox can be turned into your synthesizer keyboard.
You can take a quick look at this short video to get the gist of Fuzebox.
It can be said that almost anything that's related to electronics and programming can be done through the Fuzebox. You write the code and watch it happen. You'll be able to bring your creative ideas to life. You can go through the project here for a better understanding of the gadget and can also see the available packages. It can be said that Fuzebox can be an effective education tool in STEM education.
Futurite aims to bring high quality STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education to school students in India. Our mission is to use cutting-edge technologies such as Robotics and 3D Printing to impart a thorough grounding in STEM subjects and concepts to school students while making their learning experience fun, engaging and hands-on. Futurite has been operating in Dubai successfully (as Premier Genie) since a number of years, working with over 25 of the top international schools and teaching 1000+ students. Futurite has been founded by alumni from IIT, IIM, JU and HEC Paris.
Latest posts by FUTURITE (see all)
- Benefits of Learning Python - Aug 24, 2020
- National Education Policy 2020 (NEP2020) in India - Aug 05, 2020
- Online Learning Programs in Kolkata - Apr 20, 2020
- How Digital Marketing can help any business - Apr 07, 2020
- Benefits of mobile applications over responsive websites in 2020 - Apr 02, 2020